Item: 25115 Quantity: 120 Softgels
Molecularly distilled to ensure exceptionally pure oil.
Includes a proprietary antioxidant blend of rosemary, ascorbyl palmitate, natural tocopherols, and natural vitamin E to protect the oils from oxidation.
Includes orange oil to prevent fishy after-taste.
Formulated to deliver higher levels of EPA and DHA than other fish oil products, now smaller, easy to swallow softgels.
One serving of OmegaLife-3 provides 800 mg of EPA and 400 mg of DHA omega-3 fatty acids.
- Fish oil is receiving increasing amounts of media attention as scientific evidence continues to provide proof of potential health benefits, the most notable being the ability to support normal heart function. In fact, the heart-health benefits of fish oil are so compelling, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration stated that, “Supportive but not conclusive research shows that consumption of EPA and DHA omega-3 fatty acids, (found in fish oil) may reduce the risk of coronary heart disease.”
- Fish oil has also been shown to maintain a healthy blood pressure. In addition to profound heart-health benefits, fish oil also plays a fundamental role in the development and maintenance of brain and nervous functions such as preservation of memory and mental clarity.*
- In 2002 the FDA approved supplementation of DHA in infant formula.
- Potentially important in fetal and infant neural development, DHA has been shown to be incorporated into brain and retinal cell membranes—particularly during the third trimester and early infant life.
- Fish oil supports the eyes and helps early development of vision.*
Features and benefits
- Lowers triglycerides by inhibiting lipogenesis and stimulating fatty acid oxidation in the liver*
- Supports regular heart function*
- Maintains a healthy blood pressure*
- Helps to maintain normal blood flow*
- Helps support vitality and general feelings of well-being*
- Supports the immune system*
- Supportive but not conclusive research shows that consumption of EPA and DHA omega-3 fatty acids may reduce the risk of coronary heart disease
- Fish oil contains essential fatty acids known as omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids. The two main omega-3 fatty acids in fish oil, eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA) and docosahexaenoic acid (DHA) have been shown to influence important biological functions, such as maintaining cardio vascular health.
- DHA is the predominant structural fatty acid in the central nervous system and in the retina of the eyes. Thus, the availability of DHA is crucial for fetal and brain development and is also important for the maintenance of brain functions in adult life. DHA also helps to maintain brain fluidity and may help in the maintenance of cognitive functions.
- Some studies suggest that adequate DHA supports vision.
- EPA supports the synthesis of important biomolecules in the body. EPA is the building block of thromboxane and leukotriene, compounds involved in supporting healthy circulation. They also promote healthy blood vessels.*